Student Blog The blog of William Woods University Undergraduate Students


Welcome to The Woods!

Hello all you handsome and beautiful people! My name is Katherine Wortmann and I am so happy you have decided to visit my blog! 🙂

Before I dive too deep into this post, first I’d like to tell you a little about me! I am a senior this year (ahh!), majoring in American Sign Language Interpreting and American Sign Language Studies. I am from Mexico, MO, which is a whole 20 minutes away from Fulton. You might think that I am a commuter since I live so close to WWU, but no! I am a member of Alpha Chi Omega sorority and live right here on campus with all my sisters!

I am all about being involved here on campus, which you’ll learn more about in my future blog posts, but the main organizations I participate in are Student Alumni Council, Hands Up Club, University Ambassadors and Phonathon. All of these are groups are fabulous to be a part of and I can’t wait to tell you more about them later on!

My school spirit started early. Check me out freshman year!

As you’ll find out really quickly (because you’re oh-so-smart!), I am a huge goofball, so I love just hanging out with my friends, having a good time and laughing till my sides hurt. I also really enjoy being creative-98% of the time I’m crafting something, and the other 2% I’m thinking about a craft I could be making!

Movies are something I really enjoy, too! Chick flicks? Heck yeah! Musicals? Yes please! Scary-gory nonsense? No, thanks.. There is a really awesome movie theater right here in Fulton, so you can find me there slurping on a blue Icee when a really great movie hits the theaters. 🙂

Have any other burning questions about who I am? Then head on over to my "About Me"  section and read on!

Ok, now to the good stuff. One thing you should know about me is how much I love William Woods University. I have so much pride in this school and absolutely love sharing it with everyone I meet. No matter if I’m at a soccer game, a theater production, an art gallery or a Greek philanthropy event, I’m always happy to be a part of The Woods community and represent my Owls!

My hope is that through these next few months of blogging, you’ll be able to pick up on how wonderful WWU is and want to see it for yourself! It is such a fun and beautiful campus with lots of great people. As you can see, I’ve got school spirit oozing out of me and can’t wait to share more with you!

Senior year and still going strong! Love my Owls!

From alllll the way back four years ago to where I am now, WWU has helped shape who I am today and I couldn’t be more thankful. This blog is not only dedicated to helping you figure out why WWU is so great, but also sharing the best things about The Woods as a thank you for all this community has given me.

This next month/semester is going to be lots of fun. Why? Because it’s my SENIOR YEAR! I hope you’ll tag along for the ride as I take my last few classes, get ready for graduation and start planning for my internship! Buckle up, people. Life’s about to get crazy!

Until next time, smiles and sunshine! 🙂


Comments (0) Trackbacks (0)

No comments yet.

Leave a comment

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.

No trackbacks yet.