Hi Guys and Gals!
I haven't posted for a while. So here is just a quick update on my life from the past few weeks!
Golf has been going great for us as a team. After we came back from our first event we traveled to Carbondale Illinois to play a NCAA Division 1 tournament. We played against all D1 teams and lost in a playoff to IUPUI. Pretty impressive for a small NAIA School!
For Spring Break we went to Orlando with the Men's golf team. This week was by far my best Spring Break tournament ever. We stayed at the Mission Inn Resort and played fabulous golf courses for the week we were there. We bonded as a team and of course made the most of our time in Florida. The Women's team won and it made our 20 hour bus ride a little easier. 😛
After Spring Break, I played my last ever home tournament. How SAD!! This was tearful and awesome because I got to play with my best friend on the second day who is also a fellow senior, Alejandra.
NOW we are back on campus. We don't play again until our conference which is in two weeks!
My Cap and gown have arrived, and my parents have booked their flights to see me graduate!
Exciting times are ahead and time is flying by too quick for my liking.
Oh, and did you know our team is number 1 nationally?
Enjoy your week!
My golf season has finally started! The top 7 golfers went on a little road trip to St. Joseph, Missouri to compete in a D2 golf tournament. We were the only NAIA school there, and we dominated all of the NCAA D2’s and D3’s! Isn't that awesome? What a great feeling to have. It was our first event of the season, so we were a little rusty, but we still managed to win.
As always, there are plenty of pros and hardly any cons whenever we travel!
So here we go, I am going to brag to you a little bit about my trip…
- 2 to a Room!
We stayed in the Holiday Inn Express and the hotel accidentally overbooked so we had 2 people to a room, this meant a bed each and just pure bliss for the two nights we stayed there!
- Chipotle First Night!
As you already know, I have an obsession with Chipotle. My coach obviously knows this after putting up with me for nearly 4 years, so we happened to be so lucky to be staying right next to Chipotle, and I had it two nights in a row. DON’T JUDGE!
- Best Friend Visit!
One of my best friends, Joni, who recently graduated from William Woods has just landed herself a job in St. Joe. Joni came to surprise me one night, so we caught up and just watched some TV! It made my week!
- We WON!
William Woods had 4 women who finished top 10 and the team won by many shots against D2's Lindenwood and Missouri-Western! It was a great start to our season, and we have a lot of work to do to win the National Championship!
I can't wait for our next event in Carbondale Illinois, we play a D1 school! Let's hope we can dominate this one, too!
Oh EM GEE… It's the middle of February, and my golf season starts in 3 weeks! Yikes!
Over the last six weeks, I have been super busy with school, my internship, and golf! I've kept myself busy with three main things, and a bonus activity or two. Just like in high school, spring semester in college is crazy busy!
- School - as you already know it's my senior semester, and to be honest it is pretty chilled. I'm taking 12 credits including an internship. However three classes are English, and they sure keep me busy.
- Internship - I am lucky enough to intern on campus with Travis, the sports information director. It works so well with my major, and I am loving it so far. It takes up my boring Tuesday and Thursday nights and time flies by.
- Golf - we all know what Missouri weather is like-bipolar to the max. Golf has been up and down just like the weather. Sometimes we go out to play or sometimes we are stuck indoors. However everyone is getting back into it and we are ready to compete.
- Food Trips to Columbia - my teammate and good friend Alex Bankovich and I have made at least 8 Chipotle trips so far this semester, thrown in with some Olive Garden and Andy's Frozen Custard. Yep, I said it--Andy's in freezing weather. Columbia is only 25-30 minutes away, so whenever we are craving some fattening food that isn't available in Fulton, we just hop right in the car!
- Tanning - it's about that time of year when I buy a monthly tanning package from Fulton’s Tanfastic salon. So 20 minutes before or after eating at Tucker Dining Hall, I pop right there to keep my bronze colour going in the winter.
There are plenty more fun things going on around campus at this time and before we know it, it will be May! Happy February, guys!